Friday, May 29, 2009

Book review and prayer request




I have been very slack with my blogging lately, but I finally finished this book I have been reading for months it seems! Hurricane Season by Sonja Bentley Zant is one of the best books I have ever read. It is an amazing story and it's even better because it carries a huge message. I recommend it to anyone who is an avid reader. If you are interested we sell it at J&M for $19.95 :) I'm sure you could also find it online.
Here is a summary from the back of the book:

Eloise Butts is still “waiting” at age 33. Living in Miami’s South Beach, where being a virgin is highly unusual, Eloise finds herself strangely aware of her unique situation. But when she gets a chance to move to Italy for three months, she opens herself up to the complete possibilities of love for the very first time. When a dashing Italian man named Marco Maselli sweeps her off her feet, Eloise struggles to discover the difference between lust and love while remaining true to her self in the process. In the end, when what she thought was love blows in, blows up and blows out of her life, all that remains is who she is as a person.

It’s the story of holding on to a deeper sense of self—no matter how counter-culture or strange that may seem.

One word...AWESOME!

Secondly my husband, Christopher lost his job Wednesday so please keep us in your prayers as he looks for another one. We know God will take care of us, but I have been a little on edge about it since it is not a stable time for us financially. We are extremely blessed to be surrounded by wonderful, amazing family and friends who have already been such a huge support and encouragement. I don't think we could ask for more! THANK YOU!
I'll try to get back on this weekend and post some recent pictures of the monkey but until then enjoy your Friday :) Yay! I'm pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment