Monday, January 24, 2011

Alyssah's birthday!

On January 20, 2011 my sweet little girl entered the world!  We arrived at East Alabama Medical Center at 7 am for induction.  I was already dilated to 2 cm and about 80 % effaced, so I had a head start.  I was settled into a room, etc. and started on pitocin at 8 am.  I started feeling the effects after about 30 minutes.  I was handling the pain pretty good until about 10:30.  I went ahead and ordered an epidural and about 45 minutes later the anesthesiologist arrived.  Right before he came in I thought my water broke, so the nurse tested the fluid.  It had broken on it's own, but it wasn't alot so I wasn't sure.  Well as soon as I was getting situated for my epidural it really started gushing...maybe this is too much info for a blog, but I was super excited.  I was so glad it broke on it's own.  After that and the epidural things really started going quickly!  After my epidural started taking affect the nurse checked me and I was already dilated to a 7!!!  About 20 minutes later she checked me again and I was at a 10!!  I was so shocked and amazed!  Dr. Smith came in, and I literally pushed like 6 times. My sweet baby was born at 12:22 pm.  My delivery was quick, easy, and just beautiful!  I couldn't believe how gorgeous and perfect my daughter was, is :)  She weighed in at 7 lbs, 7 oz and measured 20 inches long.  I am unbelieveably blessed!
Welcome to the world baby girl!

Daddy cutting the cord!

Love

Alyssah Elaine Adams

1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful Karah!!! So happy for a great delievery! God is good! She shares the same birthday with me! :) Hope yall are doing great and getting all settled in and that Mark is loving his baby sister! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete