Monday, February 2, 2009

No longer a Walgreen's customer...

Well after we had our experience at the After Hours clinic with Mark, we venture to Walgreen's to get his meds. We got there around 10:15, and I was amazed by how many people were there at this time of the night. Must have been a popular outing event for Thursday night! We drop off the prescriptions and the man, whose name we find out later to be Billy, says it will be 30 or 45 minutes. We kind of expected that so we were going to look around. I also had to get something to eat because I hadn't had dinner. So we pick up some Cheez-its and a Dr. Pepper and start browsing around Walgreen's. It had been about 30 minutes and we decided to go over towards the pharmacy to see if they are close to getting to us. Well several people were gone by this point, so we decided to just wait there. People kept getting their medicine and leaving, then a woman who came in after us gets hers and we begin to wonder if they forgot about us. I go up to the counter and ask if they had called Adams and we just didn't hear them. Billy replies "I was just wondering where your prescription was". Come to find out, Billy had lost our prescription!!! Yes after we had been waiting an hour he discovers our prescription is no where to be found. He and another woman who was helping him start frantically looking for it and don't find it for like 10 minutes. She finally finds it sitting by the computer under a piece of paper. "Is this it Billy?" she says in a very annoyed voice. Billy says "Oh yeah I was about to put it in the computer..." Well Billy decides to just move on to the customers in the drive-thru window. My Mom then proceeds to ask the lady if he is working on our prescription. She says "I thought he was". Then he says "Yes ma'am I am, but you are not the only ones waiting". My Mom says "We were here first". "They had dropped their prescription off earlier" he says. Um I'm sorry but if they had already dropped off their prescription it should have already been finished. We are both highly ticked by this point. My Mom asks for a manager. This is where we lose it. A young, black man comes back to the pharmacy and goes behind the counter and stands there. My Mom said "Are you the manager?". "Yeah". He says YEAH. My Mom then tells him what has been going on. He says nothing! Nothing...not kiss my foot...I'm sorry ma'am for your inconvenience...NOTHING. Billy finally gets finished and we start to check out. Before he finishes I ask to see the prescription to check the medicine he gave me. I'm sorry if I doubt you Billy, but you were incompetent enough to lose my prescription. How do I know you are going to give me the wrong meds? Well we end up not having to pay for the medicine, which we shouldn't have had to do after all of that anyway. We get checked out and start to leave. My Mom says "Don't worry we won't be back." Bye bye Billy and Walgreen's...forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment