Wednesday, March 11, 2009

1 year ago today...

A year ago today I lost a special man in my life, my Paw-Paw, Frank Edward Barnes. There are so many things I could say about him but the one thing that I always think of when I remember him is how much I loved his hugs. Paw-Paw was such a loving, big-hearted man. He has left a mark on this world with his generous spirit and open heart.
I am so thankful he got to meet my baby boy before he left this earth. It was truly the most precious sight I have ever witnessed, besides Mark being born. He got to hold Mark the day before he passed away and I'll never forget that moment. I thank God everyday for that moment and for me being able to hug him one last time.
I know he is in heaven, and I look forward to the day that I will be with him again. I miss you and love you always.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you are going through and will keep yall in my prayers!! My papa died a year ago, January. And I still miss him like crazy!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kiera! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete