Friday, October 29, 2010

Leah Grace is here!

Leah Grace Barnes
My niece, Leah Grace was born on Wednesday, October 27th at 5:04 EST at the Columbus Medical Center.  She weighed 7 lbs., 10 oz. and was 19 inches long.  She is beautiful and perfect.  She was sleeping so sweetly the whole time I was there for a visit.  Mark didn't know what to think about her.  He stared at her the whole time, and wanted to know where she was at all times.  I CANNOT wait to see him with his sister!

It just made things so much more real.  I am about to have two children, two little sweet lives!  My heart is so full of so many things right now.  As I am heading into my 3rd trimester (yes, it flew by!), I am anxious, excited, a little nervous, happy, tired...I could go on and on.  I am beyond joyful to be having another child, especially a little girl, but I am a little nervous.  I have been content up until now, but it's getting so close now I'm beginning to have overwhelming thoughts about delivery.  I know that I will be taken care of.  I know that God is here and has been.  I know that trusting in him will put my fears at bay.  I just have to keep telling myself that.  I know I've been through labor, but they are all different so I guess that's what makes it scary.  I'm also going to be at a different hospital.  I loved the Medical Center in Columbus and always thought that's where I would have all of my babies, but I know East Alabama is a wonderful hospital too.  I also love my doctor, so that helps a lot :)  I'm just feeling so many things, and it's exhausting.  I wish I could just turn my brain off!  ha!  Pregnancy is a wacky journey, but at least I'm lucky enough to be on this crazy ride :)  I wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Karah, and I'm praying you have an easy pregnancy and a beautiful little girl soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love East Alabama... we had a WONDERFUL birth experience there!

    ReplyDelete