Thursday, January 14, 2010

The boppi is gone!

I'm happy to say that as of Monday night, Mark has been sleeping through the night without his pacifier (or as he says, his boppi)! I have been putting it off for a while, but I knew the time was coming quickly. I wanted him to be rid of it by his 2nd birthday for sure, and honestly I am tired of keeping up with it! Is that ridiculous of me? I don't think that it is but he can't hold on to it forever. I have really been dreading the whole process of putting him to bed at night and hearing him scream for it, but he has done extremely well without it. I just explained to him that I gave it away to a little baby who needed a paci and he was perfectly fine with it :) Then he went to bed and threw them all away!
For the longest time I thought that I wouldn't even deal with using one with our next child, but he made a smooth transition so I think for my sanity out next child will be getting a pacifier. Maybe when that day comes that child won't take to it and I won't have a choice, but either way I'll be fine and so will the little one.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on losing the boppi! Mark is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete