Friday, November 16, 2012

Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup

I have a new favorite soup, and thought all of you would like the recipe.  I hope you give it a try!  If you do, let me know how it turns out :)  I originally found it from allrecipes.com, but tweaked it a bit for my taste.

Chicken Tortilla Soup (my version):

You need:
-3 med. size chicken breasts
-2 cans of whole kernel corn
-2 cans of Rotel (mild or reg, but I used mild)
-2 cans of black beans
-2 cans of chicken broth
-2 lg stalks of celery
-2 Tbs of taco seasoning

1. Boil your chicken and then set aside to cool a little.
2. Cut your celery into small pieces and put in pot.
3. Shred your chicken and place in pot with celery.
4. Add chicken broth.
5. Mix in corn, Rotel, and black beans.
6. Add taco seasoning.
7. Simmer on low for about 45 mins to an hour.
8. Serve with tortilla chips :)

To make it less healthy, I know shredded cheese and sour cream would be delish!

Enjoy :)  Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I think I will be trying this soon! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete