Friday, November 30, 2012

What a week!

We had a pretty crazy week, compared to the usual.  Alyssah has been battling a staph infection on the back of her leg, and I have been learning all I can about it b/c honestly it freaks me out!  She had what we thought was a bug bite that appeared last Tuesday, and by Thursday night/Friday morning I knew something was going on.  I was home with the kiddos Friday and we had a lazy morning putting up the tree.  Alyssah took her nap and when she woke up I knew I had to take her to the doc to get her leg looked at.  Thankfully they could take me as soon as I called and weren't very busy when we got there.  They had to drain it and she was put on antibiotics. I'll spare the nasty details ;)  They took a culture, and I delivered it to the hospital's lab.  Well, Monday I called the doc's office back b/c it was not looking better.  They did confirm she had staph, more specifically MRSA.  MRSA is the difficult to treat staph and only certain medications fight it.  Thankfully she was on a drug that was a good one against MRSA.  I took her back and they had to drain it again (insert terrible, awful screaming baby AGAIN) and they increased her meds.  It has been a looong week for us!  Her leg looks phenomenally better, praise God!  I have been cleaning like a mad lady to hopefully not spread it to Mark.  I hope we never have to deal with this again.

This is sweet baby's leg yesterday...and that is much improved!  Please pray that it continues to heal.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  We have lots of fun things planned.  I'm so thankful for my blessings :)  I have a lot!

I'll be posting Thanksgiving pictures soon.  I know I'm behind! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment