Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful moments

Hello November!  I just love November and December!  As a kid summer was my favorite time of the year, but it is most definitely this time of year that I adore!  I love looking back on the year and seeing its fruit and all of the many things/people I am blessed with.  I'll probably be posting several more of these kind of posts throughout November.  They will mostly be for me to remember but hopefully you will be touched by them as well.

As my husband and I tucked our sweet little 4 year old in bed last night, he began to pray.  We have been working on saying his prayers and most nights he still wants me to do it for him.  Last night, was by far the most precious one he has done.  He started thanking God for his school, toys, food, and then he just said thank you for everything! ;)  As he was ending his prayer, he said thank you for Jesus.  Thank you for Jesus who died so I can live.  I immediately started crying...wow!  Such sweet little words with huge meaning.  I am so thankful for his heart!  As a mother it is so comforting to know that things we teach Mark actually stay with him as he is beginning to form his thoughts about the Lord.  I know he will do amazing things for the Kingdom, and I can't wait to see where God takes him.

I hope all of you are reminded of all the good in your life throughout the month of November and always.  Have a blessed weekend :)


"The Lord is my strength and shield.  I will trust Him with all my heart.  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.  I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."  Psalm 28:7 NLT

1 comment: