Thursday, March 11, 2010

Q&A #1

My first question from my question and answer post is "What is your favorite recipe to cook?".
Well I'm really not much of a cook...I'm much better than I used to be, but it's just not something that I LOVE to do. Lately though my favorite thing to cook is Taco Soup. It's super easy and well, it's perfect for me or anyone else who's not a fan of slaving away for hours in the kitchen. I commend those who do, but that's not me :) Since it's been cold I have loved making this for dinner and then taking the leftovers to work for lunch. It's so yummy! I'll have to find something new to cook for the Spring and Summer months when I'm craving something not so hot. You should definitely try it before it gets too hot to enjoy it. I don't think you will be disappointed! Let me know how you like it!

Taco soup

Need:
1lb of ground beef
ranch dressing packet
taco seasoning packet
16 oz. can of corn
16 oz. can of pinto beans
16 oz. can of chili beans
16 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
16 oz. can of rotel (tomatoes and green chiles)
onion
*Last time I made this I added black beans and I really liked it.

Brown the beef and onion together. Drain and rinse. Mix with seasoning packets and then combine all ingredients in a large pot. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
Enjoy! I like mine with saltines and shredded cheese, but it's great by itself too!

Keep the questions coming...it's fun :)

2 comments:

  1. How did you become an Auburn fan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karah, your blog is adorable! I can't believe it's been SO long since I've seen you... glad you are doing well though!

    ReplyDelete