Friday, January 20, 2012

One Year!

I can hardly believe a year ago today my sweet baby girl entered my life.  She has been a blessing since day 1, and I'm sure she will continue to bless my life for many years to come.  She is silly, smart, beautiful, energetic, a wonderful sleeper and eater, daring, snugly, petite, loving, and most of all-mine!  I'm beyond thankful for her little life.  Although life got instantly crazier with 2 kiddos to take care of and love, she made the transition so easy.  I feel so complete and grateful for her entering my world.  I have loved doing girly things with her and cannot wait to do the big girl stuff like tea parties, dance classes, weekend shopping trips, mani/pedis, etc.  I hope she always knows that she has a friend in me, and we are close friends.  Thank you Lord for giving me a daughter to have on this earth.  I pray I will raise her to be a Godly woman, a virtuous woman. I pray that she will live for you and make a big impact in your Kingdom.

Alyssah's stats/facts right now at 12 months:
-She is in size 4 diapers.
-She is wearing a size 3 shoe, but will be in a 4 very soon.
-She's wearing mostly 12 months clothes.  Some of her 9 months things still fit, but are getting too short ;)
-We have been transitioning to whole milk this week.  I'm doing half formula, half milk.  She's starting to like regular milk a little more.  She has to get used to it being cold, and I think she'll be fine.
-She is crawling like a mad lady, pulling up on any and everything, but not walking yet.  She will free stand for a few seconds then she just plops back down.  I know she's so close!
-She is completely on solid foods.  Right now she loves any and all cereal, bananas, green beans, turkey, applesauce, rice, and Ritz crackers.
-She loves to talk.  She can clearly say bye, hey, dada, mama, uh-oh, and we are working on baby and love you :)
-She loves to dance and clap her hands.  I really hope she wants to take dance.  I wish I had taken ballet or something like that growing up.
-She has 10 teeth I believe.  She has been cutting them in 2's and 4's :/ Cranky baby some days, but with every right to be!
I think that's about everything...but I'm sure I left out something.

Here are a few recent pictures.  I will do a separate post of her 1 year pictures later this weekend.  We have a big party planned for our little princess.  Stay tuned for that post as well.  Happy Friday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment