Thursday, April 4, 2013

Things I'm excited about lately!

So I know I say this every time I write a new post, but I've been away a while...Life keeps me busy!  My two precious ones def keep me going and going, not to mention housework and spending time with the hubs, and staying involved with our church.  All things I love, but I do miss jotting down thoughts and keeping up with them and what's going on in our lives right at this particular season.  It's so fun to look back and see how things play out or just see all the abundant blessings we have!

Right now, I'm very into Jesus Calling.  You seriously need to read this one guys.  It will bless you immensely.  It's a short devotional for each day with a few verses of Scripture.  I love starting my day with a focused thought to keep me on track as I go about my daily activities.  I'm consumed right now with being in the Presence of God.  Just those words.  They send a peace throughout my heart and mind.  Sigh.  I'm so in love with my Savior.  I could just sit with Him all day, basking in His Presence! 
This song is one of my new favorites that we have started doing during worship at Highlands.


Your Presence is Heaven

Who is like You Lord in all the earth?
Matchless love and beauty, endless worth
Nothing in this world can satisfy
'Cause Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry

Your presence is heaven to me
Your presence is heaven to me

Treasure of my heart and of my soul
In my weakness you are merciful
Redeemer of my past and present wrongs
Holder of my future days to come

Your presence is heaven to me
Your presence is heaven to me

All my days on earth I will await
The moment that I see You face to face
Nothing in this world can satisfy
'Cause Jesus You're the cup that won't run dry

Your presence is heaven to me
Your presence is heaven to me

Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus
Your presence is heaven to me
Oh Jesus, Oh Jesus
Your presence is heaven to me

Listen here. You will love it :)

We are starting tball games this week!  We are supposed to have one tonight, if the rain holds off.  If not, we will have one Saturday, and it's going to be perfect weather!  I def have Spring fever right now.  Ready for the cold weather to be gone for good ;)  Mark is SO ready!  I just the age he is at right now (most days)!  He's so fun and just wants to know everything.  He's so sweet with his sister, even when she is annoying ;)  Some days he looks so grown, and I can't believe he's almost in Kindergarten.  He is starting to roll his eyes and huff when he doesn't like what I tell him and that is too much for me at 5.  What?!  A preview of teenage years, and I'm NOT ready for that.  Hehe!  I will update with tball pictures after the weekend.

My sweet Alyssah is still throwing tantrums, but they are getting better.  She is just stubborn and when she can't do what she wants, you know it ;)  Being 2 is pretty frustrating I guess.  She just can't quite say what's bothering her and she just wants to be so independent.  Her vocabulary is getting better though, and she is starting to let me help her more now that she realizes it's much easier with a little help sometimes.  That's true for us all though, at any age. :)

I will update on their stats from their check-ups soon.  I've been meaning to do that for about a month now...
They had a clean bill of health, and Mark got all of his shots for Kindergarten.  It went well considering.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.  I will get caught up on that too.  I have a lot of blogging in store for me.  Hopefully Sunday afternoon I will get it done.  Our Easter was laid back and fun.  We had a wonderful Resurrection celebration at Church of the Highlands.  Amazing worship, power testimonies of God's redemptive power, and a great message.  It is available online at www.churchofthehighlands.com if you would like to check it out.  God is SO good!  I hope you know the One who cares for you and died for you.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend.  I'll be back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment