Thursday, April 18, 2013

What a week!

This week has been so emotional for our country.  I cannot stop thinking about all the people in Boston and it's communities.  And this morning I found out about Texas.  How do you get past something so tragic?  I have never been in a situation like that but I hope they know Jesus b/c I know I couldn't do that without Him. I have been praying so hard for the families of victims, the victims, and for the weeks and months ahead of rebuilding what has been shattered. 

My Jesus Calling reading today was about the Peace we have through Jesus and His Presence.  It begins with "Peace is my continual gift to you" and goes on to explaining that He gives us "sufficient Peace for the present when you come to me by prayer and petition with thanksgiving". 

I pray that God will wrap His loving arms around all of those people.  I pray that they draw close(r) to Him.  I pray they receive His Peace...it is the constant in the chaos of this world.  We have Hope through Him that we can overcome these kinds of things if we stay continually connected to Him, to the One who gives us His Peace.  He is the Light in the darkness we face day after day.  I am thankful He is on my side, and that nothing is too big for my God!

Please join me in praying for Boston and also for Texas.  Pray for our country.  Pray for those who have selflessly cared for those wounded.  Pray for our President and all those who make important decisions.

Pray.

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 4:16
"Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

No comments:

Post a Comment